Sunday, September 15, 2013

Healthy Sunday: Power Pancakes

Sundays are good days to focus on health.  Its my day for the grocery store and food prep.  I know that if I don't get all the veggies cut up and the meals planned for the week on Sunday, I'll end up with less money in my pocket and a few more inches around my waist by the end of the week.

The Healthy Sunday I am loving these 3 ingredient power pancakes:

These are gluten free, mostly sugar free, and have protein, fruit and oats!  You've probably seen them floating around Facebook and Pinterest.  Here is my take on them.


Start with two eggs, an old banana, and a smile!

Mash them up with a fork until they are smooth.

Figure out what you want to add in.  I've been treating myself this week to a few Ghirardelli 60% Dark Chocolate Chips.  (If you haven't made cookies with this yet, DO IT, they are amazing). When I don't add the chocolate I use the really cool "Sugar, chocolate and Coffee Bean" grinder I bought at Trader Joe's and don't usually find much of a reason to use.  


Place 1/4 cup of oats and a few Chocolate Chips in the blender. Grind it up until the oats have a flour-like consistency, the chips will be nice and small so you'll get chocolate in every bite.  


Mix it in with the egg mixture until it looks like batter.  And pour onto a  greased (I use Coconut Oil Spray) heated frying pan or griddle.  

These take a little longer to cook than pancakes but they are totally worth it! I find it makes 4 small sized cakes.  

Fall Variation:

This morning I took out one egg and added some pumpkin butter I made using this recipe from Repeat Crafter Me.  


The consistency was different but the taste was so amazing I only manged to get this crappy picture half way through eating them.  


What are some other ideas for add ins?  Healthy substitutions you do?  I am always looking for new ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment