Sunday, October 6, 2013

Healthy Sunday: Ovarian Cancer 5K Team Kelly - Picture Time!!!




Sunday September 15th, an incrediable group of people got together to run or walk to raise awareness and research money for Ovarian Cancer.  I feel so special and amazed that they all came together as a team for me.  My family was there, as were some of my best friends and their families and their friends.  It truly shows how cancer affects everyone.  To think that it wasn't just my friends and family, but their friends and family as well that were praying for me, cheering me on and supporting the ones I love was incrediable to see first hand.  Wearing our Team Kelly shirts, we walked, ran and laughed our way through the day.   

The day started at Albany's Washington Park where we ran into my oncologist and nurse practitioner, got to see all of the other awesome teams as well as teal swag, information tables and crafts. 

There aren't a lot of people who hang out in the 13 minute  mile zone, but my friends Thom and Joe ran alongside me      keeping time for me and cheering me on.  We finished in about 38 minutes which was good for me but very slow for them.  I totally love them for that. 

Afterward we went to Starbucks and then Across the Street Pub and I got to hang out and bask in the awesomeness of these incrediable people. We talked and laugh and at the end of it all left feeling satisfied, accomplished and loved.  

No comments:

Post a Comment