Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Food Pen Pal!





The Lean Green Bean
You may have see my previous post on the Foodie Pen Pals.  The person I sent a box too doesn't have a blog to post on.  I'm so excited she was willing to post on mine.  So without further ado, here is Crystal!!

I'm really excited to be writing about my first experience as a Foodie Pen Pal. I want to say thanks Kelly for the great foods you sent me!
I have to admit it was kinda tricky for Kelly this month - although pen pals are randomly chosen, it just so happens that we live very close to one another, about 20 minutes apart...and she said she works in my town. So I was very curious what local foods were favored by another local foodie. The goods:
Pepper Sticks from the Parillo's - These are amazing! I've been eating 10 or so a day for the last week at lunch. I'm gonna try to make my way to Amsterdam to get more of these!
Mu Mu Muesli - This was the only item that I'd previously had before, but it's one of my favorite local foods!
Crev raspberry chocolate truffle bar - So delicious! 
My Lihn plum sauce - This is from a local Vietnamese restaurant that I've been wanting to go to for years, but I've never been. I'm so excited to try this.
I think one of the neatest things was that I was sent me something to enjoy at each meal throughout the day - Muesli for breakfast, the pepper sticks at lunch, the plum sauce at dinner, and the truffle bar for  dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment