Monday, August 5, 2013

A Reason To Celebrate

A little chocolate


A little awareness


A Little Birthday!



A year ago today, I was celebrating my birthday by working at a BBQ for a local Democratic Committee. It was a very hot day spent with so many friends, two cakes, Mad Jack beer, and a bounce house.  In the end, it turned out pretty well, a birthday party I didn't have to pay for and a fundraiser for my organization all in one day...killing two birds with one stone.

This year I thought I would do the same...celebrate the day by working and raise some money.  Given all the changes this past year, my fundraising has a different focus.  On September 15th, my friends, family, fellow cancer survivors, the medical team from my Oncologist and I will be running (jogging, walking, crawling) at the Caring Together Inc Run/Walk for Ovarian Cancer Support and Awareness  in Albany's Washington Park.   My amazing crew has created "Team Kelly" and we are hoping for a beautiful fall day to enjoy each other, celebrate survival, and bring awareness to the most deadly gynecological cancer. 

So want can you do in August to celebrate the day of my birth?  First, I would love it if you would join our team!  You can join us through facebook and sign up officially online and join Team Kelly.

This year, I've learned a lot about gifts.  The gift of health, the gift of family, friends, and support, the gift of all of you.  The gift of you all reading, listening, reaching out and supporting me this past year has certainly been enough. However, if you would like to give a little something to the Ovarian Cancer cause, a donation on my 32nd birthday would mean a lot.  You can find that here:
https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/KQD/12th-annual-teal-ribbon-runwalk

Thank you for giving your time, support and kind words to this endeavor.  I hope you will join us in the fall!

Oh, and here are those symptoms again...

Source



 

No comments:

Post a Comment