Thursday, August 1, 2013

Do You Follow??

So I am a little late to the game on this one one (big surprise there!).  On July1 st Google Reader, my favorite way to keep track of all the blogs I love out in blog land, turned off.  They gave us plenty of notice on this but I just didn't want to believe it.  I figured people would freak out and Google would change its mind, come to its senses, and keep it going, but alas they did not.  So I had to find a new way to follow blogs.  At the very last possible minute I chose Blog Lovin because it was so simple.  I liked how in Reader everything was is in lists and I could organize the blogs by category.  I looked at some other options that wanted to make all the blogs appear as magazine pages or add "suggested" blogs into the mix.  I'm not visual and I have way too much to read as it is so I passed on those. Blog Lovin seems to be the closest to Google Reader that I can find, so Blog Lovin it is!

Wait...What is this following you speak of? 
Good question!  There are a lot of ways to make sure you see all the updates of the blogs you love, it also works for newspapers and some magazines.  When a website you are following has a new post, it is shows up in bold on your reader.  You can then click on it and read it right there.  No keeping track of bookmarks and checking each and every one each and every day.  Easy peasey just the way I like it!   If you look over to the right sidebar ------> (yup, right there) you'll see some choices.  There is Blog Lovin', Facebook, Pinterest, my email address contact or Twitter.  Every time my 'followers' number goes up a do a little happy dance...so follow me today ppplllleeeaaassseee! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Kelly! So much easier to follow all of the great blogs out there. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete