Sunday, June 17, 2012

Things I'm Learning in the Garden: Part 1

Things I'm Learning in the Garden: Part 1


1.  Start with a plan but go where it takes you.  Just like everything else in life. (Notice I didn't actually get to the actual garden)


2. Wheel barrows are God's gift to your lower back.  If you have one, use one.  If you don't have one, get one.


3.  No home project is complete without a trip to the hardware store.  Good call on buying a house only 5 minutes away from one.


4.  Buy more mulch.  Always buy more mulch.  And next year, have it delivered!

Time for another HD trip!

5.   I can try to start with gloves but I know there will be a time when I'll whip those babies off and just pull    things out of the grown.  I'm less delicate and more washable than I give myself credit for. And now I've lost my gloves.


6.  Grass is deeply rooted...think carefully ripping it up.

Notice the clumps of grass I wrestled to the ground.  They didn't stand a chance.

7.  Take a before picture...it makes the after that more satisfying.
Before - with all the pretty tulips!

8.  You too, can grow where you are planted.

The pretty half of my house.


9.  No matter how pretty it all looks, there is always more to do...


So

Much

More



No comments:

Post a Comment