Thursday, January 16, 2014

A New Take On an Old Resolution

If you haven't resolved to loose weight on at least one January 1st in your life, hit the little "x" in the right hand corner, this post is not for you.  If you have and have been successful with keeping it off, please write in the comments below how you did it.  Chances are the majority of you reading this have made this resolution over and over and over again.  I have, but this year is different for two reasons.

First, I am not putting a number on it. Goal 2 is to make fitness a regular routine in my life.  I know the effect it will have on how my body feels, and I am pretty confident how my body looks will catch up with that.

Second, I am going back to my teaching roots and facing these goals as learning goals.  Goals involve learning and enacting new behaviors, it only makes sense that using teaching strategies could work. In lesson planning, learning starts with objectives that are followed by actions that prove the objections were met. The objective is to make fitness a regular routine.  I have two actions that I am taking this month.  The first is to spend every Sunday morning at 8am with these people....




This crazy crew was at spin on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve and you can find them every Sunday at 8 am led by instructor Brie with some great music and a great work out.  This month, you will find me there every Sunday. Once I make that happen, I'll do it again in February and again in March as it will be a routine (and a ton of fun!)

My second action is to complete the 24 day advocare cleanse as a jump start to get me going.  More on that in another post.


So that is Goal 2 for the New Year...I'll check back in February (after I get back from spinning of course!)
What are some of your goals for the new year?  What are some of the actions you can take  take to achieve them?

No comments:

Post a Comment